Thursday, January 21, 2010

11 weeks old

I am eternally greatful for the two miracles God has given us. Every time I look at my girls I am reminded of the abosultely amazing gift that they are. 10 weeks in NICU, it really did not seem that long. However when I look back at where the girls started, we have come so far. I am reminded of that every time I look at my girls, and several times a day that moves me to tears. I never thought that at 36 weeks gestation I would have both of the girls home. What another amazing gift. God is so faithful! I love having them home. I love being the one to feed them, to change them, and to console them when the cry. Even though it has been an adjustment, I love getting up with them at night to feed them. Every night at midnight, 3 am and 6 am the Lamars have some family time. Sometimes Dave and I just sit there and smile as we hold our girls and listen to them coo while they eat. I think that one of my favorite things is that I do not have to call their nurse in Grand Rapids to find out how they are doing and what kind of day/night they are having. Although I do miss chatting with the nurses :)

I am currently trying to figure out how to get anything done durring the day since the bulk of my time is spent feeding the twinners. Don't get me wrong, I am okay with that because that is what they need. I just have to make extremely efficient use of my "free time." Dave & I both enjoy not having to make the daily hike to Grand Rapids.

Emma went to the doctor today and she is 4 lbs 10 oz. Adalyn came along for moral support and to get her weight checked again. She was 5 lbs 4 oz today. So their reflux and spitting up does not seem to be affecting their weight gain which Dave & I are very thankful for. However, we ask that you continue to pray that God heal their reflux. We ask that you pray this because the reflux is still uncomfortable for them at times and also because it causes them to have alarms. Please also continue to pray for growth and development and that God continue to protect them from infection.

3 comments:

  1. I'm feeling your pain...and joy. I never knew I could be so exhusted yet so happy at the same time. Those 3am and 6am feedings are a bugger, I can't imagine having to do it for twins. Yet, those are some of the most precious moments I have with Melanie and love every minute of them! We can sleep when we're older, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever I can do, housework, cooking, etc....you just let me know!!! I'm available M,W,F and the weekends! I'd be honored to help (and a little selfish because I would be able to spend time with the angels)!
    Honestly, Abi and Dave, I've offered, don't hesitate asking!
    Love you all!!! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very happy the girls continue to do well. Parenthood can have a few challenges, but so very rewarding too. Enjoy each and every moment. God's blessings as you go forward with parenthood. Your girls are so very lucky to have God place them with such a wonderful family. Continued prayers for each of you. Faith, Hope, Love.....Janice H.

    ReplyDelete