Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 14: Mom is missing the twinners


Adalyn just chillin

Emma holding daddy's finger

Last night after coming home from visiting Adalyn & Emma, I came down with a fever. I was feeling fine yesterday. This morning I felt a little more punky & tonight even more punky. I had some blood work done & gave a urine sample & they are not sure what is going on. I was started on Augmentin as a precaution. Please pray that I get better so that I can go see the twinners. Today was hard not being able to see them. Please also pray that the twinners do not catch whatever I have if it is contagious. Pray that God continue to protect them from infections of both bacterial and viral nature.

First of all, praise God, the girls had a good day. We will talk about Emma first. Emma had a little bit of a rough night having multiple brady alarms, but the majority were self resolved. After drawing her blood work during the night they found out Emma's hemoglobin was low. They gave her some packed red blood cells to help bring this up. They suspect this is part of why she had so many alarms last night. She had much less alarms during the day today. They said Emma's hemoglobin was most likely low due to the frequent labs she needs and the inability of her body to keep up. They said it is not uncommon for preemies to need to receive blood products. Emma had 1 aspirate from her feeding tube today that was slightly brownish. No fresh blood though. The doctors are not concerned about this. They also do not think that this contributed to her lower hemoglobin. Emma went up to 6 ml every 3 hours on her feedings today and so far has been tolerating them well. She is still on a CPAP of 5 on room air (these are the lowest settings). Emma's weight yesterday was 2 lb 3 oz (990 grams) and tonight was 2 lbs 3 oz (1000 grams or 1 kg). Oh and Emma did have a big poop during the night last night :) Praise God that Emma had a good day!

Adalyn has still been having occasional brady alarms, but again the majority self resolved. Today they increased her feedings to 8 ml every 3 hours and so far she has been tolerating them fine. Adalyn is also on a CPAP of 5 on room air. Adalyn's weight last night was 1 lb 15 oz (880 grams) and tonight was 1 lb 15 oz (890 grams). Praise God that Adalyn had a good day!

Lord Jesus,
I come to you first of all praising you for the good day you gave Adalyn and Emma. Thank you Lord for watching over Adalyn and Emma and for holding them in your hands. Lord I ask that you continue to protect the twinners from infection. I ask that you protect the girls from whatever I have. Lord if either of them have contracted what is making me ill, I boldly ask you to please heal them before they become sick. Father please heal me so that I can go up and see my girls again. Lord thank you for the many blessings you have already given Adalyn and Emma and please continue to bless them each day. Thank you for the blessing that Adalyn and Emma are to Dave and I and for the amazing gift that they are. Lord please continue to help them grow bigger, stronger, and to develop.
In your awesome name I pray,
Amen


The twinners saying hi to mommy

1 comment:

  1. Hey Abi & Dave, Praying for God to continue to protect Adalyn and Emma. Also praying for a quick recovery for you Abi and that Dave would not pick it up as well. Thank You Lord for the the continued positive steps that Adalyn and Emma are making.
    Love You All!!
    Dad/Big Lar/Grandpa

    ReplyDelete