Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 16: Good night, Good day

Both girls had a good night last night. Emma had 4 alarms all night and Adalyn had 6. Adalyn's hemoglobin was low so she got some blood this morning. Neither of them spit up with any of their feedings. Adalyn had one large residual with one of her feedings during the night, but a much smaller residual at the next & none at the next. Dr. S decided to keep Adalyn at 8 ml every 3 hours (we accidentally reported yesterday that she was at 10ml...oops...she was at 8 ml), she has tolerated that well during the day today. Emma is still at 6ml every 3 hours and tolerated that well through the night and during the day today. Last night Adalyn weighed 2 lbs 1 oz (940 grams) and tonight weighs 2 lbs 3 oz (990 grams). Emma weighed 2 lbs 3 oz (990 grams) last night and 2 lb 3 oz (1kg) tonight. Both girls are still at a CPAP of 5 on room air and doing well with that. Dave and I are thanking God that in our absence the girls are doing well and that they have not shown any signs of illness. Continue to pray that they continue to grow & develop well, that they continue to tolerate their feeds well, that their number of alarms continue to go down, that they do not require any higher CPAP settings, that God continue to protect them from infection, and Praise God for continuing to hold them in His hands!

I thought that I was on the upward swing today. I went 10 hours after my last motrin with no fever. And then...it reared it's ugly head again. At 4pm I had a temperature of 101.5...grrrrrrrrrrrr! So please continue to pray that I get better. Praise God that Dave has not gotten sick! Pray that God continue to protect him from illness. I know at some point this will end & I will be able to go see my girls again, I just miss them. I have definitely learned some serious lessons about patience through out these last couple months. One way I have been coping is by calling to check on Adalyn & Emma every couple hours. I am probably driving the nurses nuts :). The phrase "no change, we are having a good day" was music to my ears all day today.

3 comments:

  1. My prayers are still with your new family. May God bless all of you with the gift of health. Love you all!!

    Alisa Vance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know if it will help but there is a little guy, born at 1 lb. 12 oz. that has been on a vent for awhile and doing well. CaringBridge.org
    KeeganAdamWright
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete